Webinar: Strategies for Implementing Effective Clinical Decision Support
HealtIT.gov describes CDS as providing “clinicians, staff, patients or other individuals with knowledge and person-specific information, intelligently filtered or presented at appropriate times, to enhance health and health care. CDS encompasses a variety of tools to enhance decision-making in the clinical workflow.”
Clinical Decision Support (CDS) has immense potential to deliver value in terms of improved patient outcomes and provider satisfaction. Thus, MEDITECH emphasizes its importance by investing a great deal of resources in developing:
- Standardized evidence- and experience-based CDS content
- Innovative formats and tools
- Both native and interoperable CDS
- CDS analytics tools that support continuous improvement.
This educational, 60-minute presentation will help you to:
- Define CDS and understand its various approaches
- Identify types of EHR-based CDS formats
- Integrate best practice clinical guidelines into your EHR using CDS
- Describe CDS innovations
- Explain best practice approaches to CDS governance and monitoring physician responses to CDS interventions
- Relate how to approach CDS maintenance and quality control.
NOTE: This is a video of a previously recorded live webinar. For additional offerings, see our upcoming webinars.